Name of organisation/institution:
Association for Education Mladiinfo International
Type of structure:
Age of participants:
18-35 years old
Social Impact Award is an educational program “hidden” in an award. The award and the prize money attract attention from students and media to the topic of social entrepreneurship. An open workshop series is available to all who are interested. Here they can learn about social entrepreneurship, meet successful entrepreneurs, and develop new ideas. Following the workshops, university students in each country can submit their project ideas. The jury then makes a pre-selection of finalists who receive further development support during the summer. The most promising projects after the summer receive the award and join our international network of social entrepreneurs.
Practical arrangements used:
– Promotion through university and start-up partners – social media posts and flyers; media presence in radio, TV, and newspaper
– Volunteer support – finding engaged students and young people to help at events and workshops and with promotional support
– Workshop series – identifying hosting partners in cities across the country to provide space and refreshment; slides and handouts; train-the-trainer course
– Events – invitations; arrange speakers (local entrepreneurs or other stakeholders); catering and refreshments; after-party
– Finalist support – establish partnership with local social business accelerator or work to create a new one; find trainers; identify the current needs of finalists
– Award – arrange video shooting for online voting; communicate the progress of the projects to the jury; conduct a jury meeting or coordinate individual evaluations
The Award is an initiative to address the simultaneous lack in entrepreneurial skills among young people and growing social tensions in many aspects of society. By providing skills and support, we want to make it as easy as possible for young people to try out ideas for social businesses and learn the potential of doing things themselves.
Social Impact Award addresses a cultural environment that discourages people from having independent careers and idealistic goals. We want to show that it is possible to make a difference and earn a living while doing so, so we give youngsters the tools they need to experience this first hand.
– Support participants to develop new social venture concept and ssupport the best teams with financial capital and active support through-out the year.
– Aid the development of entrepreneurial skills through inspiration and exposure to the field
– Connect participants with an international community of entrepreneurs, peers and experts
Impacts on youngsters:
The Social Impact Award fosters the potential of young people to make a difference by building the entrepreneurial spirit. By taking part in the program the young people become the next generation of social entrepreneurs in Europe.
Impacts on the organization:
Through Social Impact Award the organization has the opportunity to develop more, because the program offers collaboration with many stakeholders across the country. Furthermore, Mladiinfo is also engaging in an international cooperation with other Social Impact Award countries. In this way Macedonia can follow the best practices from 10 different countries around Europe.
One of the biggest impact that this program has is the impact to the society. The young students with their creativity are finding solutions to many problems and challenges in society. Using the paradigm of social entrepreneurship, most of the solutions are sustainable in the long run.
Partners: Impact Hub Vienna, Erste Foundation- Macedoina, Sparkasse Bank Macedonia, Pakomak- Macedonia, Public Room- Skopje, Maraton Bus advertising- Skopje and Konto profit- Skopje
Supporters: IAESTE Macedonia, Grouper, Club Albach Macedonia, Summer Work and Travel Alumni Macedonia, BEST Skopje, Podio, EESTEC Skopje, AEGEE Skopje, Faculty of economics- Skopje, EMSA Macedonia, Europian University- Republic of Macedonia, Izlez, University „St. Kliment Ohridski“ Bitola, University „Goce Delcev“-Shtip, Youth Council of the American Embassy in Macedonia, Codefest, Pixel.mk, University American College- Skopje, Ohrid University „St.Paul the Apostole“, NAPAG- Skopje, Fund for inovation and technology development, Ilumine, Emice, Radio MOF, South East European University- Tetovo and International Vision University – Gostivar.
Web link with the activity: